WebJunction is Now FREE!
Free Online Courses and Webinars
for All Library Workers and Volunteers in New York State,
from your New York State Library
[links on this page will open in a new window ]
The State Library is partnering with OCLC to provide free access to WebJunction’s self-paced courses for all library workers, volunteers and students in New York State. The State Library has designated WebJunction as an approved provider of professional development required to maintain active New York State public librarian certification. The free access is open now at learn.webjunction.org.
WebJunction continues to grow its learning content, programs, and resources on topics of high interest. Here is a list of what library staff can find on the site and throughout the year:
- WebJunction hosts many live webinar sessions throughout the year -- free online events that allow library workers from around the country and the globe to meet and learn from library leaders and fellow library practitioners. Attendees are eligible to receive a certificate of attendance. WebJunction also provides a listing of free training opportunities.
- A catalog of free self-paced courses and curated webinar archives has been developed in collaboration with LibraryU, Infopeople, and other content providers. Seven new courses developed specifically for library workers have already been added to the catalog this fall. To access this content, simply create your free account at learn.webjunction.org.
- Certificates of completion will be provided for courses finished or webinar archive viewed through the WebJunction catalog.
- Dozens of new articles on hot library topics written by WebJunction staff and library practitioners are published on a regular basis and highlighted on the WebJunction.org homepage.
- Crossroads e-newsletter is broadcast each month, to announce upcoming learning opportunities and provide updates on what is happening in the library world. Make sure you and your colleagues are subscribed!
Some of the online courses that are now available for free, and open to all, include:
- Building a Positive Social Media Presence
- Coping with Change
- Encouraging Early Literacy
- Having Fun at Work Again!
- Providing Constructive Staff Feedback
- eReader Detective: Solving the case for your patrons
- Extreme Customer Service, Every Time
Questions about public librarian certification and professional development requirements may be directed to Amy Heebner.