Webinars and Webcasts Hosted and/or Sponsored by Library Development
Upcoming Webinars [See also Archived Webinars]
Building for Your Future: Public Library Renovation and Construction from Dream to Dedication; an Overview
June 2, 10:00 a.m.
June 14, 10:00 a.m.
Coming Soon! Trustee Tips
A series of short online webinars focused on information trustees need to know. Issues such as Open Meetings Law, the Role of the Board President, Duties of the Treasurer, as well as many other topics, will be covered in 15-20 minute presentations.
- E-Rate Webinar, December 15
- The Role of Trustees in Planning and Evaluation: Effective Strategies to Utilize All Your Resources for Success, by Jerry Nichols, November 18.
- E-Rate webinar, by Win Himsworth, December 15.
- Public Library Finance and the Trustee’s Fiduciary Responsibilities, by Jerry Nichols, December 4.
- Basics for New Public Library Directors, by Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, September 12
- The Critical Partnership: Public Library Trustees and Directors, by Gerald Nichols, June 10
- Public Library Construction Program Webcast Series
- Edge NY Webinar for Public Library Systems, February 5 (mp4 video; 36 minutes)
- E-Rate Webinar, December 13, 2013, hosted by the New York State Library and E-Rate Central; Win Himsworth of E-Rate Central, presenter.
- Basic Library Law for Trustees, November 8, 2013; Jerry Nichols, editor of the Handbook for Public Library Trustees of New York State and Director of the Palmer Institute for Public Library Organization and Management; Long Island University.
- Impact Survey, October 24, 2013; Samantha Becker, Research Manager for the U.S. Impact Study at the University of Washington Information School.
- Freedom of Information and Open Meetings Laws for Libraries, September 9, 2013; Bob Freeman, Executive Director of the New York State Committee on Open Government. 75 minutes.
- What New York's Librarians Need to Know about New York's Health Benefit Exchange, August 29, 2013; NYLA e-Institute webinar co-sponsored by the New York State Library (NOTE: The complete slides from the webinar are available as a .PDF; to view the webinar, you will be prompted to enter your name and e-mail address.)
- What Every Trustee Should Know, by Gerald Nichols, June 11, 2013
- Regents Reform Agenda and the Common Core, by Lawrence Paska, May 28, 2013
- Best Practices: Workforce Development Services in Your Library, February 26, 28 & March 6, 2013