Webinars Hosted and/or Sponsored by Library Development
Upcoming Webinars [ See also Archived Webinars]
The New York State Library and E-Rate Central will host an E-Rate webinar via an online Blackboard Collaborate session on Friday, December 13, 2:00-3:30. Win Himsworth of E-Rate Central will be the presenter.
The workshop is free and is intended for library staff who are planning to actively pursue E-Rate discounts, those who want to find out more about the program, or those who are already receiving E-Rate discounts but might have questions. This program will benefit any library that wants to develop a better understanding of the benefits and process involved in obtaining E-Rate discounts.
The URL for the webinar session is
Before the session, users can click this link to determine if their pc meets the minimum requirements for Blackboard Collaborate:
The minimum requirements are listed in the following link:
Please contact Amy Heebner, Library Development Specialist, Division of Library Development, New York State Library, if you have any questions about the webinar.
- Basic Library Law for Trustees, November 8, 2013; Jerry Nichols, editor of the Handbook for Public Library Trustees of New York State and Director of the Palmer Institute for Public Library Organization and Management; Long Island University.
- Impact Survey, October 24, 2013; Samantha Becker, Research Manager for the U.S. Impact Study at the University of Washington Information School.
- Freedom of Information and Open Meetings Laws for Libraries, (or MPEG-4 Movie ) September 9, 2013; Bob Freeman, Executive Director of the New York State Committee on Open Government. 75 minutes.
- What New York's Librarians Need to Know about New York's Health Benefit Exchange, August 29, 2013; NYLA e-Institute webinar co-sponsored by the New York State Library (NOTE: The complete slides from the webinar are available as a .PDF; to view the webinar, you will be prompted to enter your name and e-mail address.)
- What Every Trustee Should Know, by Gerald Nichols, June 11, 2013
- Regents Reform Agenda and the Common Core, by Lawrence Paska, May 28, 2013
- Best Practices: Workforce Development Services in Your Library, February 26, 28 & March 6, 2013