Webinars and Webcasts Hosted and/or Sponsored by Library Development
Upcoming Webinars [See also Archived Webinars]
Coming Soon! Helping All Trustees Succeed (HATS) Mini-Webinars
A series of short online webinars focused on information trustees need to know. Issues such as Open Meetings Law, the Role of the Board President, Hiring a New Director, as well as other topics, will be covered in 10-15 minute presentations.
- Sustainable Thinking for the Future of Libraries, September 8
- What’s New in the Trustee Handbook?, June 14
- Building for Your Future: Public Library Renovation and Construction from Dream to Dedication; an Overview; June 2
- E-Rate Webinar, December 15
- The Role of Trustees in Planning and Evaluation: Effective Strategies to Utilize All Your Resources for Success, by Jerry Nichols, November 18.
- E-Rate webinar, by Win Himsworth, December 15.
- Public Library Finance and the Trustee’s Fiduciary Responsibilities, by Jerry Nichols, December 4.
- Basics for New Public Library Directors, by Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, September 12
- The Critical Partnership: Public Library Trustees and Directors, by Gerald Nichols, June 10
- Public Library Construction Program Webcast Series
- Edge NY Webinar for Public Library Systems, February 5 (mp4 video; 36 minutes)
- E-Rate Webinar, December 13, 2013, hosted by the New York State Library and E-Rate Central; Win Himsworth of E-Rate Central, presenter.
- Basic Library Law for Trustees, November 8, 2013; Jerry Nichols, editor of the Handbook for Public Library Trustees of New York State and Director of the Palmer Institute for Public Library Organization and Management; Long Island University.
- Impact Survey, October 24, 2013; Samantha Becker, Research Manager for the U.S. Impact Study at the University of Washington Information School.
- Freedom of Information and Open Meetings Laws for Libraries, September 9, 2013; Bob Freeman, Executive Director of the New York State Committee on Open Government. 75 minutes.
- What New York's Librarians Need to Know about New York's Health Benefit Exchange, August 29, 2013; NYLA e-Institute webinar co-sponsored by the New York State Library (NOTE: The complete slides from the webinar are available as a .PDF; to view the webinar, you will be prompted to enter your name and e-mail address.)
- What Every Trustee Should Know, by Gerald Nichols, June 11, 2013
- Regents Reform Agenda and the Common Core, by Lawrence Paska, May 28, 2013
- Best Practices: Workforce Development Services in Your Library, February 26, 28 & March 6, 2013