Statewide Early Literacy Training for Public Library Staff
Webinar – Tour of the new Online Early Literacy Calendar, Day by Day NY
The New York State Library is offering a DaybyDayNY introductory webinar.
The new online tool, DaybyDayNY, is designed for families with young children to encourage a love of books and learning that will last a lifetime. The web site, designed as a calendar, uses multimedia to enhance books, songs, and family health by bringing these various components to life.
Participate in a 20-minute webinar and learn about all the resources available on this website to reach families with young children. No preregistration is required. You can sign in up to 30 minutes before the start of a session.
03/20/14, 12:00 noon.
03/20/14, 2:45 p.m.
04/2/14, 1:00 p.m. Sign in at: http://ellum2.nyit.edu:80/join_meeting.html?meetingId=1336515911974
Blackboard Collaborate Information
- Before the session, users can click this link to determine if their PC meets the minimum requirements for Blackboard Collaborate: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336&task=knowledge&questionID=1279
- To Check and Configure Your Setup (including setting volume levels for microphone and speakers/headphones), click on Configuration Room: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336&task=knowledge&questionID=1279
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF): http://www.blackboard.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=8e4e8c28-de07-4bb0-a26f-8c1a28f335cd
- Essentials for Participants: http://library.blackboard.com/ref/827599f8-66fa-4e59-b6fb-10308c13e796/index.htm
- Participant's Guide: http://library.blackboard.com/ref/8fb6da4a-0569-4d9e-89f3-c32ec8370cd9/index.htm
- Online Orientation: http://www.elluminate.com/cgi-bin/orientation.php?version=10
- Introductory session: http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Resources/Recorded-Demos.aspx
The first step in the Ready to Read at New York Libraries initiative was a webinar with Saroj Ghoting* (http://www.earlylit.net) titled Helping Every Child Enter School Ready to Read - Understanding Early Literacy as a Foundation for School Success, which provided an introduction to early literacy library services for public librarians and library staff as well as a professional development opportunity.