Related Page: How to Join
You are eligible for this library service if you are a resident of upstate New York, of any age, and you have a physical disability that prevents you from reading print materials:
- You can't see well enough to read conventional print. Specifically,
- Be legally blind, with vision in the better eye of 20/200 or less with correcting lenses, or:
- Have a visual field no greater than 20 degrees in diameter, or:
- Be unable to see well enough to focus long enough to read standard print, even with corrective lenses.
- You have a permanent or temporary physical limitation which prevents
you from holding a book or turning its pages. Physical disabilities which
may prevent the ability to read include:
- multiple sclerosis,
- cerebral palsy,
- severe arthritis,
- a missing arm or hand,
- lack of muscle coordination, and
- prolonged weakness.
- You have a physically-based reading disability. You must be certified by a medical doctor as having a reading or learning disability due to an organic dysfunction severe enough to prevent reading in the usual manner.