Selected Digital New York State Documents
from the Collection of the New York State Library
The State Library began digitizing New York State government documents in 1995. Today the Library's digital document collection includes both contemporary materials along with rare 18th and 19th century documents. The items listed below are some of the notable documents that have been scanned from original copies located in the New York State Library and now freely available online as PDF documents.
To search for other digital materials, go to Search Digital Collections. Type the title of the item in the title search box, or enter other search terms in the keyword search box, and then click on Search.
- Federal Writer's Project, 1937 Guide to Albany Guide
- Correspondence of Maria van Rensselaer, 1669-1689
- For the government and people of this State: a history of the New York State Library by Cecil R. Roseberry
- Guide to Revolutionary War Manuscripts in the New York State Library
- Mural paintings in the rotunda of the State Education Building, Albany, designed and painted in the years 1913-18 by Will H. Low
- The Perry’s victory centenary: Report of the New York State Perry’s Victory Centennial Commission
- Sir William Johnson and the Indians of New York
Digital Collections (Main Page)