New York State Library Fax Services
NYSL Circulation Unit fax number: (518) 474-5279
The New York State Library offers a mediated fax service to the general public for a fee. This fax service is available for both sending and receiving faxes.
|Location:||7th floor Circulation Desk, Cultural Education Center
The Cultural Education Center is located on Madison Avenue, across the street from the Empire State Plaza in Albany.
Sending a fax:
- Domestic - $ 2.00 for the first page & cover sheet; $ 1.00 for each additional page.
- International - $ 10.00 for the first page & cover sheet; $ 1.00 for each additional page.
Receiving a fax:
- $ 2.00 for the first page & cover sheet; $ 1.00 for each additional page.
Directions for sending a fax
- Request a Fax Transmittal Sheet from staff at the Circulation Desk.
- Fill out the Fax Transmittal Sheet and submit it, along with the documents to be faxed, to staff at the Circulation Desk.
- The appropriate fax charges must be paid before your fax can be sent or accepted. The fax fee can be paid by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to the New York State Library. Charge cards or debit cards are not accepted.
- Circulation Unit staff will send your fax within one hour of receipt.
- You can pick up your original document and copy of the fax transmission sheet at the Circulation Desk after your fax has been sent.
- Your original document and fax transmission sheets will be held at the Circulation Desk for two weeks. Original documents will be shredded after 14 days if not picked up.
Procedures for Receiving a Fax
- Your fax should be sent to the Circulation Unit fax number at (518) 474-5279.
- Please tell the sender to include a fax cover sheet that contains your name and phone number or email address.
- When we receive your fax, we will notify you via email or phone that your fax has been received and is ready to be picked up at the 7th floor Circulation Desk.
- Your fax will held at the Circulation Desk for two weeks.
- You must present valid identification to pick up your fax and pay the appropriate fees. (A valid ID will consist of a photo identification card, such as a Driver’s license or work ID. If you don’t have photo identification, we will accept two (2) pieces of ID with your name on them.) The fax fees can be paid by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to the New York State Library. Charge cards or debit cards are not accepted.
- All customer faxes will be held at the Circulation Desk for two weeks. Faxes will be shredded after 14 days if not picked up.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- NYS Library and NYS Education Department policies prohibit the viewing and/or distribution of obscenity, illegal activities and malicious actions such as sending threatening or harassing materials.
- The New York State Library makes no guarantee of the quality of the fax sent or received.
Any questions? Contact the Circulation Unit at (518) 473-7895 or Circ@mail.nysed.gov.