New York State Library and New York State Archives Announce New Saturday Hours
The New York State Library and New York State Archives are now open on Saturdays from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. The State Library and State Archives are located on the 7th and 11th floor of the Cultural Education Center (CEC) in Albany. Free public parking is available on Saturday in the Madison Avenue parking lots adjacent to the CEC. Information on directions and parking can be found on the Library’s website at http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/locpar_ce.htm.
Services Available on Saturdays
- Access to a collection of 20 million items including major holdings in law, bio-medicine, social sciences, education, genealogy, newspapers, American and New York State history and culture, life sciences, industry standards and technology
- Reference Services, onsite and over the phone, on the 7th and 11th floors
- Free onsite access to 95 online databases and 28,000 full-text e-journals & newspapers
- Access to the largest collection of New York State Government documents and the only complete repository for Federal publications in New York State
- Free WiFi on the 7th & 11th floors
- 50 computers for public use
- Borrowing books, documents and other materials
- Registration for a NYSL Borrower Card
- Retrieval of materials from closed stacks
- Copiers, scanners and microform reader/printers for public use
For more information, visit the Library's website at www.nysl.nysed.gov or call the NYSL General Reference Desk at 518-474-5355 or the Manuscripts & Special Collections Reference Desk at 518-474-6282.