Looking for 2013 tax forms?
New York State and Federal tax forms and booklets are now available on the 7th floor of the New York State Library. As you face the 7th floor Reference Desk, look to the right (beyond the large column) and you will see New York State tax forms/booklets in the periodical displayer. The Federal tax forms and booklets are on the tables next to the periodical displayer with NYS tax forms.
Changes for 2013 NYS taxpayers include:
- Reminder: NYS tax form IT-150 Resident Income Tax Return (short form) was discontinued. All full-time NYS residents must use Form IT-201 to file and pay their taxes.
- All taxpayers making a payment by check or money order must now complete and submit Form IT 201-V, Payment Voucher for Income Tax Returns. IT 201-V must be included with the taxpayer's return. Taxpayers who file their returns online must also include Form IT 201-V if they mail in a check or money order.
- Form IT 201-V, Payment Voucher for Income Tax Returns and Form IT 201-D, Resident Intemized Deduction Schedule were inserted into Form IT 201 as a service to libraries who stock NYS tax forms and booklets.
- Form IT 201-V, Payment Voucher for Income Tax Returns and Form IT 203-D, Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Itemized Deduction Schedule were inserted into Form IT 203 as a service to libraries who stock NYS tax forms and booklets.
- As a result of the Supreme Court’s decision United States v. Windsor and IRS Revenue Ruling 2013-17, for federal tax purposes the IRS will recognize a marriage between a same-sex couple that is a legal marriage under the laws of the jurisdiction where the marriage was performed. For tax years 2013 and after, same-sex married couples must file using the general married filing status rules.
- A new provision of the law allows the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles to suspend a taxpayer's driver’s license if the taxpayer has outstanding tax liabilities of $10,000 or more.
- If a taxpayer reports $1,700 or more in sales or use tax on line 59 of Form IT 201, the taxpayer must complete Form IT – 135, Sales and Use Tax Report for Purchases of Items and Services Costing $25,000 or more.
- Reminder: Taxpayers may enter only whole dollar amounts on income tax forms for tax years 2012 and beyond.
The New York State Library is open Monday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Questions? Call the reference desk at 518-474-5355.
If you use a feedreader, you can receive announcements like this via our RSS feed.