Online Registration Tools: Summer Reader and Wandoo Reader
Wandoo Reader: Sign-up | Training
Continuous Support from Evanced
In 2010, the New York State Library began offering statewide access to Summer Reader, an online registration tool developed by Evanced Solutions, to New York's public libraries and neighborhood branches.
Summer Reader and Wandoo Reader are web-based online summer reading registration tools that allow children, teens, and adults to track their reading, monitor the prizes they have won, write reviews, and much more. Both can be customized by libraries to allow them to manage summer reading programs, give additional prizes, add news individualized to each library, and much more. The children’s version of Wandoo Reader features an interactive game that tracks books read by the player in order to progress through the game. Both Summer Reader and Wandoo Reader can be used year-round for other public library reading-based programs.
Evanced is no longer offering new sign-ups for Summer Reader. All libraries currently using Summer Reader can continue to do so, and Evanced will be providing ongoing technical support for the Summer Reader product. Libraries who have not previously signed up for an online registration tool may sign up for Wandoo Reader. These software tools will enable libraries to further enhance summer reading programs, increase participation, and streamline the collection and reporting of data on program participation and related activities. Use of the software is voluntary. The software comes ready to use, but libraries may further customize the software to meet local needs.
Libraries wishing to switch from Classic Summer Reader or try out Wandoo Reader for the first time should follow these steps.
Wandoo Reader Trial Site
Wandoo Reader Training
Additional Important information:
Additional training opportunities will be posted on the Evanced training calendar located at: http://evancedtraining.evanced.info/signup
There are regular Q & A sessions about Wandoo Reader for all libraries available on the main Evanced training calendar that you can sign up for.
For details on how to apply your Summer Reader themes (banners), visit Evanced's Knowledge Base.
We recommend public library staff and public library system staff involved with the summer reading program, as well as IT staff at public libraries and public library systems, register for Evanced Summer Reader Training Sessions as needed.
To register for any ongoing Summer Reader Training Session, please go directly to the Evanced Training Calendar.
New York State Classic Summer Reader Training Webinar Sessions
Links and schedule for the 2017 NY Classic Summer Reader instructional webinars:
Summer Reader Training Webinar Sessions for Users
For those using Summer Reader, these videos will help you get started:
After watching these videos, you can sign up for a Q&A Training Webinar through the Evanced event calendar
- For details on how to apply your Summer Reader themes (banners): How To Load Summer Reader Style Template
- Summer Reading at New York Libraries Participation Certificates:
- Instructions on adding certificates Use certificate links below
- Links to New York State Certificates:
- For those libraries who have been authenticating program registrants by their library cards, please review information about authentication.
- Learn more about exporting program set ups and sharing them with other libraries in your system (YouTube video). Please note: by using the 3rd way to clone a program described in the video above, you can export the program and send it to libraries in your system. After exporting a program and saving it to your computer, the file can be sent to other libraries as an email attachment. From there, the libraries can save the email attachment to their computer and then upload it to their Summer Reader site, per the directions in the video above.)
- Download color logos for Summer Reader online registration links
- Download Summer Reading at New York Libraries color logo for use with online summer registration tools
Support is available from Evanced support staff 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday. Access to all Evanced support materials, manual, FAQ’s, and recorded trainings are available 24/7/365. Evanced also offers ongoing unlimited free access to product training throughout the year.
- E-mail Support
- Call Support: (317) 352-2188 -or- (888) 519-5770
For more information on the use of Summer Reader or Wandoo Reader visit the pages and sites listed below:
- Advantages of online registration for summer reading programs in public libraries
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Evanced Summer Reader page
- Evanced Wandoo Reader page
- Evanced Knowledgebase
- Facebook -- under Evanced Solutions
- Twitter -- @evanced
For more information on Summer Reading at New York Libraries, please contact Sharon Phillips, Library Development Specialist, Division of Library Development, New York State Library, (518) 486-4863.
Summer Reading at New York Libraries is funded through the Federal Library Services and Technology Act, with funds awarded to the New York State Library by the Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services. The New York State Library is a program of the Office of Cultural Education in the New York State Education Department.