The New York State Library in Partnership with School Library Media Centers
The New York State Library works in partnership with the 41 school library systems to provide programs and services for more than 4,700 public and nonpublic school library media centers throughout New York State. For more information on the following services, go to the School Library Systems Program web site.
- NYLINE — The information network for New York’s libraries.
- Interlibrary Loan — Free access to over 20 million items at the New York State Library available for interlibrary loan to school library media centers.
- Summer Reading at New York Libraries — The 2015 theme is Every Hero Has a Story.
Special “Love your Library” vehicle license plates benefit Summer Reading at New York Libraries.
- The New York State Talking Book and Braille Library provides special format books, magazines and playback equipment to over 15,000 students with print-disabilities in New York’s 55 upstate counties. The same service is available in New York City and Long Island through The New York Public Library’s Andrew Heiskell Braille & Talking Book Library.
- Translations of rare 17th century Dutch records dating back to Colonial Days at the New Netherland Research Center .