Grant Announcement/Event Quick Reference Sheet
Project Name: New York Computer Centers:Broadbandexpress@yourlibrary
Basic Grant Information and Fact Sheet: Available on the NY Public Computer Centers: Broadbandexpress@yourlibrary web site
Attribution Terminology: The grant funding can be explained as follows: The New York State Library, a unit of the Office of Cultural Education within the New York State Education Department (NYSED), has been awarded $9.5 million in a grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to expand computer access in public libraries across New York State. The funding is being provided through the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP).
Grant Logo/Banner: This branding can be combined with your library letterhead for easy project identification as appropriate. The banner is available on the NY Public Computer Centers: Broadbandexpress@yourlibrary web site
Event Planning: The following persons should be invited to all media events/PCC inauguration activities:
- Commissioner of Education, President University of the State of New York, DAVID M. STEINER (contact Christopher Halpin, Administrative Assistant; 518-474-5844)
- The Regent representative for your area (http://www.regents.nysed.gov/)
- Deputy Commissioner Office of Cultural Education, JEFFREY W. CANNELL; 518-474-5223
- Assistant Commissioner for Libraries, New York State Librarian, BERNARD A. MARGOLIS; 518-474-5930
- Public Computer Center Project Director, MARY LINDA TODD; 518-486-4858
Include your state legislator(s) and senators, plus local government officials.
BTOP funds are Federal funds, so please include your federal congressional representatives.
Publicity Toolkit: Suggestions and models are available at NY Public Computer Centers: Broadbandexpress@yourlibrary
Publicity Archives: Copies of print publicity regarding the PCC project should be posted on the grant web site and can be sent electronically to Elizabeth Carrature for posting.ARRA Information
This document in .PDF [134k]