Gates Library Grant Initiative: Computer Upgrade/ Replacement
What you will receive from the grant
- $85,200 will fund replacement or upgrading of public-access computers in the Brooklyn Public Library, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, and The New York Public Library as identified by the Gates Foundation. These computers should be placed in low-income communities, especially communities with persistent poverty. The grant period is from 1/15/2004 - 12/31/2005.
|Library System Name||
Gates Designated Eligible PC Purchase
|Buffalo & Erie County Public Library||
|$7,200 or 6 new computers/ upgrades/replacements|
|Brooklyn Public Library||
|$10,200 or 8 new computers/ upgrades/replacements|
|The New York Public Library||
|$25,200 or 21 new computers/ upgrades/replacements|
- The library systems receiving Staying Connected computer upgrade/replacement grant funds must match 50 percent of the amount received. This match must be provided during the grant period. This match may be met through the purchase of additional new computers/upgrades/replacements.
What we need you to do
- Sign and return a commitment form to demonstrate your willingness to meet the requirements of the Gates Staying Connected Program Grant Guidelines.
- Requirements include:
- Purchase computer upgrades/replacement.
- Provide a final report to the New York State Library by December 31, 2004. The Report should include:
- description of the implementation process;
- number of computers purchased;
- number of buildings receiving computers;
- amount of grant funds allocated as of December 31, 2004;
- summary of the quantitative and qualitative results from providing these new computers/upgrades/replacements and a description of the outcomes;
- your needs for ongoing computer upgrades/replacements identified;
- a description of your plans for ongoing computer upgrades/replacements.
- If the grant funds have not been spent by the end of 2004, then you must submit an interim report and a final report will be due December 31, 2005. NYSL will provide you with the necessary report forms.
Return to the Gates
Last reviewed on March 12, 2004; last modified November 17, 2004 -- cmf/asm
For questions or comments contact Linda Todd