Western Sullivan Public Library Delaware Branch (Sullivan Co.)
The Western Sullivan Public Library – Delaware Branch received $9,550 from the $800,000 Public Library Construction Grant Program for the complete restoration of twenty-six windows, including the replacement of aluminum storm windows with new, historically correct wood frames and triple track units. The original windows of the building were installed in 1913, and had not since been treated to promote energy conservation, often allowing heat and air-conditioning to escape. The new windows will help the library to conserve energy and improve the comfort-level of patrons and staff, while maintaining the architectural integrity of the historic building.
|Window restoration (before -- above, and after -- below) at Western Sullivan Public Library Delaware Branch. Click on the above images to see a larger version.|