Application for the 2013 Joseph F. Shubert Library Excellence Award
- show measurable progress in identifying user needs
- show actions were taken to respond to those needs
- show that the results were measured and evaluated
- relate to a project or achievement that took place within the past two years
- consist of a single-spaced narrative of no more than 4 pages in length
- respond to the 4 questions as listed on the form
- be signed by the Chief Librarian/Director or, in the case of consortia, by the Chief Officers of all participating organizations.
- provide 4 copies of the application, each with original signatures
- provide 4 copies of any relevant attachments, such as pamphlets or articles relating to the project described. (Please keep attachments to a minimum.)
- be postmarked by June 30, 2014
NAME OF LIBRARY OR LIBRARY CONSORTIUM (SYSTEM): _________________________________________
PARENT INSTITUTION: ___________________________________________________________________________
CONTACT NAME: ________________________________________________________________________________
PHONE NUMBER: ( )______________________________________________________________________________
For Consortia applications:
Your nomination for a project/achievement that occurred within the last 2 years should include your responses to the following 4 questions:
- Briefly describe:
- your library or library consortium (system) and its community. Provide information about size, budget, type, users.
- your project/achievement.
- How did you identify the user need(s) for your project?
- What did your library or library consortium (system) do to respond to that (those) need(s)? What challenges were met?
- What impact did this project have on your users and/or your community? Supply quantifiable data if appropriate.
Please limit your narrative to no more than 4 pages. Please send 4 copies of each application, and include 4 copies of any attachments, to the following address by the deadline of June 30, 2014:
Regents Advisory Council on Libraries
Joseph F. Shubert Library Excellence Award
c/o Paula Paolucci
New York State Library
10C34 Cultural Education Center
Albany, NY 12230
Phone: (518) 474-5930