Step 1. Session Law Citation
- Find your law by subject in the "General Index" of the Consolidated Laws. The entry is to a section of the law. For example, the entry, " VILL 14-1434" is found in topic volume, "Village Law" at "Article 14. Sewers" and Section 1434, "Assessments...".
- The session law citation is in parentheses at the end of the section text. For VILL 14-1434, it is "(L.1972, c. 892, § 3; amended L.1980, c. 388, § 23.)".
- The bill jacket for this law is requested from this Library by citing the year and chapter number. In this example, request as "1972 Chap 892."
- You can identify the law by searching the McKinney's Consolidated Laws CD-ROM at the Computer/Internet Sign-Up area at the Library (Station #28).
- You can also identify the law by searching these online databases by keyword: Loislaw or State Capital Universe. Databases are available at any Internet computer in the Computer/Internet Sign-Up area at the Library.
We have two sets of annotated New York State statutes:
- McKinney's Consolidated Laws of New York Annotated. RT-LAW/NYS.
- Consolidated Laws Service (CLS) New York Statutes Annotated. LAW/NYS.