Business, Commerce and Consumer Protection
New York State government information and resources for Business, Commerce and Consumer Protection.
- See Business, part of the New York State home page at WWW.NY.GOV.
- Services for the Business Community - The New York State Library supports small businesses, entrepreneurs, scientists and researchers with access to high quality information in business, technology, law and science.
- Empire State Development (ESD) - "New York State's lead economic development agency."
- Consumer Protection Board - Includes the "Do Not Call" Registry and Links to Consumer Agencies, Consumer Groups & Utilities.
- Online Permit Assistance and Licensing (OPAL) - Search this database to find out out what business permits (defined as any license, registration or similar form of authorization required by the State of New York) may be required to open or expand a business in New York State. OPAL is a service provided by the Business Permit Assistance Unit of the New York State Chief Information Officer/Office for Technology (CIO/OFT).
- NYS Banking Department
- Business Services - NYS Labor Department
- New York State Department of State
- Office of the Professions, NYS Education Department
- NYS Attorney General's Office - Includes Doing Business in New York State.
- NYS Department of Taxation and Finance - Includes NYS Business Taxes and Fees.
- NYS Insurance Fund Home Page
- NYS Workers Compensation Board