E-books Available Online
Our collection of electronic books (e-books) contains 3,772 copyrighted books and thousands of public domain titles. The 3,772 copyrighted e-books are also available via our online Catalog.
A valid New York State Library borrower's card with a P number is required to access copyrighted e-books.
From the Library's Database Gateway:
If you are accessing an e-book via the Online Databases, Indexes and Reference Sources page, click on "eBook Collection."
From the Library's Catalog:
To search for e-books in the NYSL collection, go to the catalog.
- Click the Power Search near the bottom of the search area.
- Enter your search term and from the drop-down list, select Keyword, Authors, Titles or Subjects.
- In the type: field, select "E-BOOK." (See screenshot below.)
- Select a book or books and click Details.
- Click on the link: A look inside > URL. The eBook Collection web site will open in a new browser window.
Once at the eBook Collection, you will be prompted to log on with your NYSL Borrower's Card Number and PIN. (Forget your NYSL PIN?) Once you have logged in, you will be able to check out the e-book.