New York State Notable Documents
The New York Library Association/Government Information Round Table (NYLA/GIRT) Notable Document Award is presented each year to New York State agencies that have published meritorious documents that demonstrate their concern for quality communication between government agencies and their constituencies. Documents eligible for consideration have been distributed to libraries through the New York State Document Depository Program.
Previous Winners of NYLA/GIRT's Notable Document Award
Note: Links to publications on this page open in a new browser window.
- New York State Education Department Building 1912-2012. New York State Education Department, 2012.
- Focus on Nature XII; Natural History Illustration Exhibition. New York State Museum, 2012.
- Delaying Necessities, Denying Needs: an Assembly Investigation of New York State's Handling of Medicaid Durable Equipment Claims. New York State Assembly, 2006.
An Assembly investigation of New York State's handling of Medicaid durable medical equipment claims.
- Radiation and Health. New York State Department of Health, 2005.
An illustrated 22-page brochure.
- Better than Before [videorecording]. New York State Department of Transportation, 2002, 2005.
Highlights the results of the agency's Environmental Ethic Initiative, which included projects to improve the usability of a portion of the Appalachian Trail; the use of condensed natural gas as motor fuel; the work of the Albany Pine Bush Preserve; the Adirondack Park Invasive Plant Program; the mitigation of wetlands, including the Utica Marsh; and the restoration of the Old Blenheim Bridge in Schoharie County.
- Jury pool news.
A New York State Unified Court System publication highlighting the latest court initiatives and related news.
- What's your signage? How on-premise signs help small businesses tap into a hidden profit center.
A handbook developed by the New York State Small Business Development Center.
- The Kids' Well-being Indicators Clearinghouse (KWIC). Rensselaer, N.Y. : Council on Children and Families, 2003. <http://www.nyskwic.org>.
- The Role of "home" in homeland security: ... the challenge for state and local government. Albany, N.Y.: The Rockefeller Institute of Government, 2003. 3 v.; 64, 49, 47 p. (OCLC 53043322, 53043323, 53216240).
- The Navigators: A journal of passage on the inland waterways of New York, 1793, by Philip Lord, Jr. Albany, N.Y.: New York State Museum, University of the State of New York, State Education Dept., 2003. (OCLC 52219260).
- Club Drugs: Fighting to Stop the Spread of Designer Drugs. New York State Senate Committee on Investigations, Taxation and Government Operations.
- Managing E-Mail Effectively. New York State Archives.
- Women in the Courts: A Work in Progress; 15 Years After the Report of the New York Task Force on Women in the Courts. New York State Committee on Women in the Courts.
- New York: The State of Learning. A Report to the Governor and the Legislature on the Educational Status of the State's Schools, June 2001. New York State Education Department.
Part 1. Statewide Profile of the Educational System.
Part 2. Statistical Profiles of Public School Districts.
- Project 2015: The Future of Aging in New York State, New York State Office for the Aging.
Articles and briefs for discussion.
- Voting Matters in New York: Participation, Choice, Action, Integrity. New York State Office of the Attorney General.
- Your Business: A Guide to Owning and Operating a Small Business in New York State. Empire State Development, Division for Small Business.
- Losing our Children: An Examination of New York's Foster Care System. New York State Assembly. Committee on Oversight Analysis and Investigation and Committee on Children and Families (joint publication).
- When You Are Concerned: A Guide for Families Concerned about the Safety of an Older Driver. New York State Office for the Aging.
- Focus on Nature VI: Natural History Illustration: April 26-July 31, 2000. New York State Museum (issued in conjunction with the biennial New York State Natural History Conference).
- CareerZone. New York State Department of Labor.
- Consumer Law Help Manual, 1999-2000 Edition. New York State Consumer Protection Board.
- Public Library Law in New York State. New York State Library.
- Why Can't I Get Tickets? Report on Ticket Distribution Practices. New York State Office of the Attorney General.
- Attorney General's Report on Micro-Cap Stock Fraud. New York State Office of the Attorney General.
- Environmental Self-Audit for Small Business: A Quick and Easy Guide to Environmental Compliance. New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Pollution Prevention Unit and Empire State Development, Division for Small Business.
- Employment in New York State. New York State Department of Labor.
- Storage Guide for Color Photographic Materials. James M. Reilly, New York State Library.
- Doorways to Information in the 21st Century: Every New York Library an Electronic Doorway Library. New York State Library Electronic Doorway Library Action Committee.
- Global New York: New York and the New Western Hemisphere: A Guide to Business Opportunities. New York State Dept. of Economic Development, International Division.
- There Shall be a Court of Appeals: 150th Anniversary of the Court of Appeals of New York State. New York State Court of Appeals.
- Where the Money Goes - Financial Data of Charities that Solicit Contributions from New York State Residents. New York State Office of the Attorney General.
- Secrets that can Kill: Child Abuse Investigations in New York State.
Temporary Commission of Investigation of the State of New York.
- A Guide for Tenants with Preschool-Age Children.
New York State Department of Law.
- Consumers' Shopping Guide for Homeowners and Tenants Insurance. (Upstate and Downstate Editions)
New York State Insurance Department.
- New York and the New Western Hemisphere: A Guide to Business Opportunity.
New York State Department of Economic Development.
- Summary of Legislation 1994.
New York State Senate Research Service.
- The Electronic Doorway Library: Meeting the Information Needs of the People of New York State.
New York State Division of Library Development.
- Pesticides and Schools: Reducing the Risks.
Deborah I. Volberg, et. al. (produced by the New York State Department of Law, Environmental Protection Bureau).
- A Parent's Guide to Special Education. Your Child's Right to an Education in New York State.
State Education Department's Office for Education of Children with Handicapping Conditions.
- Vehicle and Traffic Law. New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- SEQR Handbook. New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- New York State 7.5 Quadrangle Images: 1:24,000 Scale. CD-ROM from the Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Evaluating Literacy Programs: A Manual for Reporting Accomplishments. New York State Division of Library Development.
- State Agencies Report Filing with the New York State Library. New York State Assembly Legislative Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee.
- When Others Must Choose: Deciding for Patients Without Capacity. New York State Task Force on Life and the Law.
- Poisoning the Public for Profit: Pesticide Use and Abuse in the Empire State. New York State Assembly Environmental Conservation Committee.
- New York State County Profiles 1990. New York State Department of Health.
- New York State Program for the Conservation and Preservation of Library Research Materials. New York State Division of Library Development.
- Identification of Plants with Fleshy Fruits. New York State Museum.
- Radon-Risk, Reason and Reality. Joint Legislative Commission on Toxic Wastes and Hazardous Substances.
- Labor Force 2000. New York State Department of Labor.
- New York State Documents: An Introductory Manual. Dorothy Butch, New York State Library.