Public Computer Center (BTOP)
The NYS Library is expanding its public computing facilities with help from a federal American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Broadband Technology Opportunity Program (BTOP) award.
BTOP Public Computer Center Criteria and Project Goals:
- Increase public access to high speed broadband services in high-need communities.
- Serve vulnerable populations (unemployed, underemployed or other vulnerable populations: non-English speakers, seniors, disabled, etc.).
- Provide technical support and other resources to support job search and career advancement through community anchor institutions such as libraries.
- Advance the use of E-services for training, employment, digital literacy, and education.
- Stimulate employment and provide job opportunities.
DigitalLiteracy.gov - your destination for digital literacy resources and collaboration